Pages

header-01

7.17.2014

Family Time

I know first hand how difficult it can be to get a great photo of your whole family together. Since I am the photographer in my house, I have a tonne of photos of Maelle and my husband, but few of the three of us together.  So when a couple of my friends and family members asked me to take their family photos, I was happy to help out. How did my family photo shoots go? Let's start with the not-so-great part. I had rather dismal success getting a classic family portrait with everyone looking at the camera and with everyone smiling. After four family sessions,  I am batting 250 (not bad for baseball, but not what I am striving for in photography):
Thankfully I had better luck capturing other photos, including a mix of mom or dad with child, individual kid shots and candid family pics. I found it helpful to have in mind a couple ideas of photos that I wanted capture (e.g. child on dad's shoulders, everyone holding hands, etc. Pinterest is great for inspiration). I am also learning more and more about posing (check out some great tips here). Take a look at my favourite family photos so far:























1 comment:

  1. The monochrome ones are great (not that the others aren't) because your lighting is so good. These are excellent. Just as an aside. A professional photographer could not get a photo of Audrey smiling when she was that age. The best we could do was haul her thumb out of her mouth for long enough to get a shot of her sleepy and glum little face. Sometimes you just can't win one.

    ReplyDelete