Pages

header-01

5.21.2014

Aloha Hawaii

Travel photography has always been my favourite type of photography (although photographing little ones is now a close second). New sights, colours, architecture, food, landscapes and people offer endless subjects for photos. So it was no surprise that I took over a thousand pictures on our recent trip to the Hawaiian islands of Kauai and Maui. But since no one (not even my super supportive and always interested parents) wants to look through a thousand pictures, I had to narrow them down to the best of the bunch.

While paring down photos to a more manageable set is never my favourite task, I find the following tips helpful to keep in mind:

  1. Keep a sufficient mix to tell the story of your trip (e.g. culture, landscape, architecture, places you stayed, etc). 
  2. Even though a photo might not be technically perfect, it's a keeper if it captures a unique moment or makes you remember something truly special.
  3. There is no need to have 29 different photos of the same beautiful sunset (...or building or flower, etc.). Pick a couple of the best and move on.
  4. Less is often more when posting photos online, printing or showing to friends and family. Review, delete the weakest photos and flag your favourites. Repeat. And repeat again. And yet again.

Take a look at my Hawaiian favourites!










































1 comment:

  1. These are special, and very well done. I will be back here several times, I am sure, to take them all in. (But throwing out sunset shots is painful!)

    ReplyDelete